Sunday, July 26, 2009

On Friday July 24 all of Grandma Campbell's kids and their families showed up at her house to surprise her for her 50th birthday. Her birthday isn't until September, but we had to catch her off guard so we could surprise her! She's a smarty, that one! On Friday we mostly hung out, we went to the mall, (with most of the kids coming from Colorado, they weren't used to the Texas heat so we had to stay inside!) we had lunch and shopped. Grandma was in her element shopping with and for her grandkids. "Grandma is her name and spoiling is her game!" Friday night the 5 kids and their spouses took grandma and grandpa to dinner at Maggiano's. The food was sooooooooooo yummy! We talked and laughed and ate! On Saturday we went and took family pictures. Grandma wanted a big family picture for her birthday, so we did it! We played and took LOTS of pictures. Ask Grace and Mathew, they will tell you we took too many! Grandma was so happy to have us all together again. Saturday afternoon we all cooked fajitas and spent the last few hours together. Grandma was very sad to see us go, but she said the heartbreak of watching the family all go was worth having all of her kids there. We love you so much Grandma. We hope you had a super wonderful happy birthday!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I just got on your blog. Thanks for the address. Your new little baby Riley is adorable. I sure wish I could hold her and kiss her. I can't believe how big Grace and Mathew have gotten. Wow! I miss you too. We are doing great on our mission.
    Love n' hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry but how come I am just now learning you have a blog???? Geez. Cant wait to stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's so nice to see the Campbell family again. Hope all is well with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from Chris Poirier family! we checked you out and my how your family has grown! you have beautiful children and we love to see your smiling face! Congrats on all your successes! Merry christmas!! We are thankful for you everyday!

    ReplyDelete