Thursday, May 13, 2010

Our Move to Arkansas

Well, we have been in Arkansas for a whole month now and so far love it. The rolling hills and green trees make for a beautiful town! We are slowly settling into our home and getting acquainted with the new ward. We have only had one hiccup so far and that was the very first day Grace rode the bus to school. At the appointed time I went to the bus stop to pick Grace up from school only to be met with an empty school bus and a confused bus driver. The driver said to me "She got off the bus at another stop with a few other kids, but I'm not sure which stop." My heart stopped beating. After standing there speechless the bus driver decides to call and ask for permission to retrace her route to find which stop Grace got off at. Thankfully, a concerned parent noticed that she was lost and called the transportation office and notified them of her whereabouts. That was by far the scariest day of my life, but I am so thankful for the observant father who noticed my wandering, crying daughter and helped her. So far that has been our only "problem". On the funny front, however, Mathew has proved to be a great source of laughter! One afternoon I opened the back door and Mathew stepped out with me. There was a bird on our patio, so Mathew took a step toward it and GROWLED at the top of his lungs! It was hilarious! He still continues to do this when he sees a bird. I'm not sure why, but it always makes me laugh to watch him get in his growling position and then let it rip! He is such a funny little man!!! We know that Arkansas has lot's of adventures in store for us and are happy and thankful to be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment